This week's edition of The News features a story about our local senior women's hockey team, the Roadrunners, and their playoff run in the NCWHL.
Follow this link to see a photo gallery from the March 8 game in Maxville, versus the Rhinos.
The incidence of violence against women in Stormont-Dundas-Glengarry continues to fluctuate yet it remains below the national average, according to Statistics Canada.
The national average of police-reported violence against women was 1,113.9 cases per every 100,000 people in 2015.
In SD&G, the rate was 607 cases per 100,000 in 2015. That average was also below the averages for other districts. In Hawkesbury, for example, the rate was 1,936 cases, in the Laurentians, it was 1,024 and in Russell County, it was 1,030 cases per 100,000.
This data was originally published in Discourse Media.
Here's this evening's Glengarry Soccer League schedule for the senior women's division:
- Char-Lan FC (White) vs Glen Sandfield (Green), 8:30 PM, Char-Lan Main Field
- Greenfield (Red) vs Vankleek Hill (Purple), 8:30 PM, Dunvegan Big Field
- Laggan (Black) vs Dunvegan (Blue), 8:30 PM, Lochiel Big Field
Be sure to check out the July 12 edition of The Glengarry News for more news from senior women's soccer, including recent results and current standings.
In Glengarry Soccer League play tonight, there are three senior women's matches scheduled to kick off week two of the summer season.
- Char-Lan FC (White/Blue Striped) vs Dunvegan (Blue), at 8:30pm on the main field in Williamstown
- Glen Nevis (Yellow) vs Greenfield (Red), at 8:30pm on the North Lancaster pitch
- Vankleek Hill (Purple) vs Glen Sandfield (Green), at 8:30pm on the field at VCI